The summary below hangs on our frig, and reminds us of what we are pursuing as a family as the Lord allows.
Grow in fearing the Lord and walking in His ways, develop into a family characterized by:
- Strong devotion to God's Word
- Loving selfless-ness among one another
- Hospitality to the body of Christ and our neighbors
- A barely noticeable division between Dad's work and the family's work.
- Profitable family-integrated labor that provides an overflowing abundance that we share with our body and those in need.
- Ministry of encouragement to men and families that need strengthening.
Psalm 128 sums up what we seek to reflect:
1 How blessed is everyone who fears the LORD, Who walks in His ways. 2 When you shall eat of the fruit of your hands, You will be happy and it will be well with you. 3 Your wife shall be like a fruitful vine within your house, Your children like olive plants around your table. 4 Behold, for thus shall the man be blessed who fears the LORD. 5 The LORD bless you from Zion, And may you see the prosperity of Jerusalem all the days of your life. 6 Indeed, may you see your children's children. Peace be upon Israel!